The four stage pressure regulator not effected by supply pressure changes.
The Model JTR™ is a revolutionary product containing four stages of pressure regulation in one 316 stainless steel housing. The design of the JTR™ separates it from current multistage regulators that are typically limited to two stages. Specifically designed for gas analytical systems, the JTR™ prevents condensation of the sample gas from occurring as a result of Joule-Thomson (JT) cooling during the pressure reduction process or due to low operating or ambient temperatures.
The JTR™ pressure reduction technique distributes the Joule-Thomson (JT) cooling between four stages. This technique is useful in applications where a single pressure reduction would cool the sample gas below its dew point temperature and cause it to condense. The JTR™ may eliminate the need for a single stage headed regulator in certain applications.
The first three stages of the JTR™ reduce pressure by a set ratio and the fourth stage is user adjustable. This ensures that all stages remain functional and give the JTR™ the ability to auto correct and maintain its outlet pressure during inlet pressure swings up to 5700 PSI. Inlet pressure swings commonly occur at natural gas storage facilities, making the JTR™ the regulator of choice for these applications.
You can find a heated option on our JTR-H heated Joule Thomson pressure regulator page.
Benefits & Features
- Prevents condensation
- Preserves sample integrity
- Reduces regulator freeze ups
- Eliminates the need for multiple regulators in series
- Maintains outlet pressure during large inlet pressure swings
- Easy to mount in small or densely populated enclosures
- Patented multi-stage design
- Preset, ratio controlled stages with user adjusted final stage
- Piston pressure sensing elements
- 20 micron inlet filter
- Heated options available in JTR-H™ version